Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video xmas & new year

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I seem to have lost “the kick i used to get at one time“ out of doing sax recordings. I know all my recordings were lacking in a lot of areas, like timing, being in tune etc.. back then i used to enjoy the sound of the tune i was playing, didn’t give a toss if it wasn’t sight reading perfect.

I think it calls for a change in direction… have to come up with a new plan for next year. The only thing i can think of doing is to keep the current level of sheet reading at the level i have learnt so far, and put on hold learning new stuff (ie in terms of doing higher grade work), and spend half a year doing improvising!

i need to relight that spark!

Mel
      Participant

Light that fire sxpoet! It’s the guys like you going before me that keep me motivated and learning!

Anonymous

What’s happened is im working my way through music grade level books, and the current level i’ve started, i need to put on hold, as the previous level, i seriously need to go back over and spend more time practicing a lot of sheet tunes at that level, probably a couple of months.

Which is great, as that gives me a chance to spend a lot more time improvising to backing tracks and just relaxing enjoying the improvisation sound. Dont get me wrong, there’s a lot of work in improvising as its a completely different art form.

Also, i’ve got bored with playing other peoples tunes, and want to just go off and experiment playing my own improvisation stuff with backing tracks, i want to lose myself in backing tracks.

My instructer is a fantastic improviser, and taught me improvising stuff for 6 months last year, but what happened then was the sheet music skills suffered terribly. The problem with sheet music playing, is you can get rusty very quickly, so its an art that you have put the time in, even if its just to keep at the same level.

In fact i’ll discuss it with my teacher on monday.

john
          Keymaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbd_caeC0wc To help you light that fire

Anonymous

pen drawing

Anonymous

a pen drawing

pen drawing

Anonymous

pen drawing

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

Anonymous

Started an art course recently, and can’t get this website to display the image properly. The only way to view it is to click on this link.

http://fav.me/dbtgoco

As you can guess more of my time is now spent on art, and less on sax.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.