Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Yakkety Sax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    art dubois
    Participant

I think I'll stop learning if I can play this song correctly – how 'bout a rendition, Johnny??

Alan Sizer
      Participant

Yes please!

john
        Keymaster

I can't believe I haven't done a video of that tune yet! It always goes over really well when I perform it from time to time, so yes I could do a little video of it for you, hopefully in the very near future.

cheers
          Johnny

art dubois
          Participant

You've got me smilin' with that response, Johnny!! Thanks once again!!

Dolph
            Participant

I think that one sounds simpler that it actually is !!!
              Some time ago I bought the sheet music (for Tenor Sax and for Tenor Sax with Piano) and had a problem with the start note. Both pieces started with a different note: The one for only Tenor started with an F sharp and the one for Tenor plus Piano with an E.
              I e-mailed Boots Randolph and he replied that the start note was an E with a long slur to A, and playing in concert G for Piano, so there you go.
              However, you need some seriously quick hands to be able to play Yakety Sax properly !!
              Cheers,
              Dolph

Alan Sizer
              Participant

For some of us, then, it will be a really good long term project. Bring it on!

john
                Keymaster

I promise that this one will come but I have been, and am currently very busy with some projects and since this site is totally free I can only spend time on it when I have that time. Sorry guys, I really appreciate how eager and into it some of you are and so can’t wait to do it for those that are asking but you will have to be patient.

ps
                  yes, Yakety Sax will take some time, depending of course where you’re at technically but starting very slowly and working out the notes etc and it can be done. You basically have to learn this one if you’re a sax player let’s face it!

Sincerely
                  Johnny

art dubois
                  Participant

I understand, Johnny….you're being busy and all! We (and I speak for all of us here) do appreciate whatever you do for us here – it's all good!!
                    And I can be patient…but pls remember that I'm 65 yo!!! How long can I wait???? Haha!
                    Regards,
                    Art

john
                    Keymaster

Art, if you think about living to about 120 then you're only middle-age right now, that's how I wanna look at it!

I just performed with my band the last coup[le nights and included Yakety Sax in the show and the crowds went wild! Seriously, it does go over very well and I think every sax player should learn it.

art dubois
                      Participant

Yes, that song keeps going thru my miond, but it doesnt quite make it to my throat!!
                        I went to a function yesterday that was supposed to feature "The Sensational Hot Rods" and Tommy Horricks on the sax…..they never appeared at the alotted time….Tommy is my age and I used to go to high school dances where he played during the Stone Age!!
                        I guess he introduced me to Yakkety Sax way bacxk in the day….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.