Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire You’ve Lost That lovin’ Feeling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

I first heard the Righteous Brother in 1997 while I was working in the Hood. Those Blue Eyed Soul Brothers singing “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling”. I like that lst sax note, that low C note. Johnny plays that low C with a lot of fuzz and I’m trying to put some fuzz buzz in my low C. Some time I hit it off right. I’m using a medium soft onyx reed, Guardala 7* fiber carbon fatboy mouthpiece. This has always been one of my favorite songs. So when is “Soul and Inspiration” coming?

RockinRobin
      Participant

Often when I try to blow low C I get that honky sound. I follow Johnny’s teeth, bottom lip embouchure lesson but no cigar, just a honky sound

john
        Keymaster

low C can be a tough one…
          air has to be there before the tongue releases the reed!
          I sometime s cheat by starting on a higher note and glissing down to the low one.

RockinRobin
          Participant

Today I switch my Onyx medium soft reed to a medium Onyx reed and the low C was a easier to blow. Why was a stiffer reed more easy to blow. Mouthpiece was my 7* Fibercarbon Guardala MBII FatBoy

john
            Keymaster

ya makes sense, altho it might seem the opposite. The weaker reed just isn’t giving you enough support down there.
              William, you may be better off with the medium full time now. Try playing only the medium for a while…like 1-2 weeks. I think when you go back to the medium soft it might not feel as good.

RockinRobin
              Participant

Thanks Johnny. Playing “Me and Bobby McGee” with a medium onyx reed” in the key of D major is real easy as long as Bobby sings the blues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.