Baker Street Saxophone Music and Backing Track
(Written by Gerry Rafferty)
Watch video for Johnny Ferreira’s instrumental version:
Saxophone Setup Used:
- Trevor James “Raw” Alto Saxophone with a Cluade Lakey 7* metal mouthpiece with a Vandoren Java #3 cane reed
- Selmer “Mark VI” Tenor Saxophone with a Guardala MBI metal gold plated mouthpiece and a Vandoren Java #3 cane reed
Baker Street Saxophone Music Sheets and Backing Track
What a great song Gerry Rafferty wrote with Baker Street, there’s no denying that but when they added the sax line it went to a whole new level. There has been some documentation saying that after this song became a hit, saxophone sales increased in many countries around the world.
Released by the Scottish singer-songwriter Rafferty in 1978. The song was named after the famous street in London England were he hung out with a buddy of his just after the break-up of his band Stealers Wheel who had the hit “Stuck in the Middle With You”.
You have 2 options for the key which to download; the original key of D and the more tenor-friendly key of C. You can choose one or both.
The key of C puts the tenor chart in D which means the range is high enough for the sax line to sound close to the way the alto sounds in the original recording. Otherwise, if played in the middle register it lacks power. It should be played in this higher range.
The Baker Street Saxophone Music Download Includes
- backing tracks as in the music in D and in C (without sax)
- music sheets for both keys of D and C for all Eb and Bb saxes
- high quality MP3 files (192 kbps)
- charts print as full size music charts
Download This Song
To download the Baker Street Saxophone Music and backing track click the button below. After payment you will receive a confirmation email containing your special link to the download page.
If you have any questions, concerns, or problems with this download just post me a message in the forum: https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/forum
thanks, now download the song and have fun!