Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Altissimo Course Question about First Overtone lesson–Altissimo course

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hi Johnny,
      I’ve been working on the first lesson in the Overtone Series (that’s where I’m at right now in the Altissimo course; it’s taken me almost 4 months to get there because of taking my time to learn everything right) The lesson in the Overtone Series where we go from middle Bb to high F….I’m able to hit a high Bb now from the low Bb fingering; I know high Bb is not in this lesson I’m working on but I just applied what you teach on ear training, got the high Bb fixed firmly in mind, made adjustments in my embouchure and was able to get high Bb too 🙂 So I started to get a little adventurous/creative with this exercise by hitting the various notes in a random order; like going from low Bb straight to high Bb, or just starting off at High Bb and hitting the F, starting from F and going down to middle Bb, and so on. The reason for this is because I wanted to make 100% sure I could hit any of these Overtones at will before going on the the 2nd Overtone lesson. I absolutely make sure to practice your exercise exactly as you show it in the order of low Bb, Middle Bb and then F, but when I realized I could also hit high Bb then I also just started mixing it up too see if I could hit the the other notes, at will, with the goal of not really thinking about it. What are your thoughts about getting creative and hitting these notes in a random order?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.