Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Aint No Sunshine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jack Coulter
    Participant

Hey Johnny!

I am very interested in learning the whole of Ain’t No Sunshine but you haven’t put the whole song up on that page as far as I can see. Would it be possible to get the rest of it?

Thanks very much.
      Jazza

Jack Coulter
      Participant

Scrap that! 🙂 found what I was looking for!! 🙂
        https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/aint-no-sunshine-backing-track

john
        Keymaster

Ok great, good luck with it!
          Johnny

Jack Coulter
          Participant

I can play most of the song apart from the section in the middle, bar 17, I think I have other rhythms in my head and can’t play that one no matter how many times I’ve tried. I’ve been using your recording but I still can’t get it quite right. Any tips?

john
            Keymaster

you can go about it 3 ways;
              read the notes as written (force yourself to NOT play what’s in your head)
              play around with what you hear in your head and try to make it work rhytmically
              listen to my version and copy some of my articulations, at least you know these work and you can alter them to fit your style.

Jack Coulter
              Participant

The interesting thing is that I can sing it, but when it comes to playing it I can’t do it.

john
                Keymaster

that is interesting, if you can sing it then you could sing it but use your sax to do it. sing it the same but thru your sax if you know what I mean.

Jack Coulter
                  Participant

Got it!!! I can play the whole song through! minus the last 2 bars! Is there anything I could replace them with, I really can’t make them sound very good at all…

john
                    Keymaster

The last bar is really an outline of the final chord, which is a concert A minor 9
                      so just use these notes; 9, 5, 3, 1…not necessarily in that order, just play around with them, that’s what I did.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.