Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Altissimo Course Altisimo G

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

☺☺☺

Simon
      Participant

Finally i can play altissimo G. Still can’t hit it right away, but if i go from high f,then f sharp and then g it speaks every time. I guess now i’ll need some time to get used it to play it as first note. For those who can’t get it- practising overtones every single day is the key.

john
        Keymaster

hey Simon, congrats! that’s a huge step and I’m so glad you didn’t give up. it’s there for all of us, we just need to find it.
          start just going from F# to G…you should need to start with the F.

Simon
          Participant

thanks Johnny, yeah F# to G also works. Now i just need some time to get that G stronger, coz at this moment it is somehow weak.

brother cavefish
            Participant

i am working on high A altissimo at the moment , one fingering is 2,3,4,5 with octave key, another is 2,3 side C and octave, another is 2,3 G# and octave, any other fingering let me know

Simon
              Participant

Ok, i’m stuck on that altissimo G. Can’t go higher than that and i can’t hit altissimo G in song. I can hit it right away, but when i tried to play sound of silence octave higher( second part of song like Johnny did) and i need to hit that high G, it just don’t come out of horn. Any sugestions?

john
                Keymaster

@bc, I use your 3rd example but add right hand fingers to sharpen as needed…simply using 2,3,G# will get you that A but very flat

@Simon
                  , you’re in good shape if you now can at least hit it.
                  fortunately the melody in Sound Of Silence is a perfect vehicle to practice this…
                  the G is preceded by an F#.
                  this is the easiest and best way to start getting that , sliding to it directly from the F#.
                  If you can’t hit the G from the F# then do it in reverse: hit the G, then come down to the F#.
                  so if you’re fingering the G as I show in the altissimo course you’re only changing 2 fingers because you’ll be using the forked F# fingering

Simon
                  Participant

Thanks Johnny. I can play F# and then G with no problem. And i can also play scale up to G and then down, but when i play song, well then that G don’t show up. Don’t know why. Maybe i need to practice song at slower tempo without backingtrack. And maybe from F# to G without tonguing that G.

john
                    Keymaster

well, think about this; you can play F# up to G. in the melody of Sound Of Silence, these are the exact 2 notes so you should be able to do it. maybe you’re getting tense and nervous when you’re playing the song but not when you are just practicing the scales!?

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.