Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions BAKER STREET

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dazza
    Participant

JF – I was looking to buy Baker Street and learn it however I am wondering if you have the backing track with your solo in it as I am not capable of the screaming altissimo just yet. If not, could you do it perhaps?

john
      Keymaster

I guess you mean the tenor solo which is copying the guitar solo of the original version.
        Yes I can make a backing track with that solo mixed in.

Dazza
        Participant

Thanks Johnny. Sorry, yes the guitar bit as the whole thing is a solo of course. There are other backing tracks around but they are in a different key. Will keep an eye out into next year. Cheers. Anyone else learning this song yet?

Anonymous

not yet, Scared of it. hehehe. not really, just not ready for it yet, Such a great Classic

john
            Keymaster

don’t be shy to remind me in a few days Dazza as I am busy but can do it…just worried I’ll let it slip by!

Dazza
              Participant

No worries….here’s a reminder. I will jump in and purchase when the new track is available. Kinda glad to be done with xmas as the carols were starting to become slightly less enjoyable to play, day after day after…. Time now to work on a new repertiore of songs!

Dazza
                Participant

Hi Johnny,

I just purchased Baker Street and to my surpirse, and slight annoyance, the key seems to be different than the one I have been learning to date. Not your fault of course but I will have to relearn it as I nearly had it perfected but wanted to play it with your backing track of course. The odd thing is that both sets of sheet music appear to be in the key of C (by the key sig) and both have a lot of incidentals but the other is a semitone lower. Can anyone explain what’s going on here? Going to be an interesting exercise to train the brain and fingers to play different notes as I have been playing the opening riff and melody by memory. Oh well, soon I will know it two keys!!

Anonymous

lol – i remember a year ago i took one of JF’s music sheets along to a lesson and the Pro rewrote parts of it as it didn’t sound like the original. I didn’t say anything at the time – each to his own

john
                    Keymaster

Sorry bout that Dazza, I didn’t put the key signature in that one.
                      I think the original was in D, I did it in Eb. can’t remember why I did that now but if I change a key from the original it’s usually because it doesn;’t work as well for both alto and tenor. sometimes going up or down a semi tone makes a big difference. in this case if I kept it in D the tenor would be in E and alto in B. Taking it up to Eb the tenor is in F and alto in C which are better keys for both.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.