Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation basic blues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

my teacher below

has just started teaching me the blues (i’ll now be able to use the killer blues course in the back ground)

he’s started me on the 12 bars
      in G

1 4 1 1
      4 4 1 1
      5 4 1/4 1/5

given me 8 different exericises
      to improvise using the notes in the basic blues
      in G (G Bb C C# D F)

Anonymous

Okay Sxpoet – now you’re just rubbing it in! – LOL

I used to dreeeam of having a teacher aaand I’ve been threatened with having to play a recorder instead of the Sax!!!

Yup, Paul still sounds great! You’re sooo lucky and I’m in the mood to play the blues.

Anonymous

@Jeff – that’s for the benifit of anyone wondering who i have lessons from, and what standard of player he is.

Had an hour long lesson, which was good for an introduction to the basic blues, demonstrated the sort of stuff i would be able to play later on in the year.

I’ve got 8 exercises to practice, the 1st one is just playing the root note of each chord for the 12 bars. He wants me to spend a week on that
          , not to rush it. the idea is that by the end of the week i should get a feel for what root note should match to a chord when i hear a chord.

Kevin
          Participant

James, what Sax and type of MP does he choose to work with?

Anonymous

He only uses Selmars, not sure about the mouthpiece – he has quite a collection.

in the post below, the young man is his son playing, must about 20 yrs old, and the lady playing i’ve never met but she has been playing over 20 yrs. His james is playing on a mark vi.

Anonymous

his son James.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.