Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Beginning Sax Player and Former Bassoonist

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Megan Krohn
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am a high school student and former bassoonist who is learning sax independently, here to learn how to improve my sound.

jake
      Participant

WELCOMe to the site! Great valuable info and support here! I started a brief 5 years ago and what a difference. I was goin along independently as well. Great with sites like this one to help ya along the way!

john
        Keymaster

Hi Megan and welcome. so what are the major differences (Pros/cons) between a double reed and single reed?

Anonymous

welcome Krohn, great site for professional backing tracks, also there is less fuss when you upload one of your recordings with a backing track.
            I’m sure i’ve come across you on cafe sax, i think they are very fussy about uploading. Have fun on here

Rulon Brown
            Participant

Welcome! Bassoon is a seriously cool instrument. But sax requires fewer thumbs. 🙂
              Glad you are pursuing what you enjoy most in music.

You said you want to improve your sound. Here is a link to one of my very favorite tone control exercises.

Anonymous

good lesson Rulon, are you using a synthetic reed?

Rulon Brown
                Participant

Thanks! I am using a Rico Royal 3 on a Morgan Excalibur 6M with a Rovner Dark ligature.

Anonymous

No probs Rulon, i was just trying to figure out why your tone sounded like that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.