Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Cane Reeds v.s. Fiber Reeds. I tried Legere reeds/don't like them….

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

I ordered one here in Wisconsin from the Guitar Center. Got it for $46 with a 20% Off Coupon. 🙂

Pete
      Participant

Hi Michael
        Meant to say I will be getting a reed geek
        I think it is a useful bit of kit to have
        and as I say what is a gimmick, in the end
        most things are.

brother cavefish
        Participant

i use doctor slick, slippery elm bark great stuff, or i make my own, natural product always penetrate easier in other natural products( cork)

Anonymous

Hi Michael. Thanks for your kind offer, but I really can’t have you spending your own cash on me. Parcels from overseas have to be delivered by courier door-to-door which costs quite a bit more, so it may cost more than the Reed Geek to have it delivered securely. Not to worry, I know how to prepare my reeds now and it doesn’t take me long, as BC said we make do with what we have in our toolbox. Cheers

Anonymous

Hi BC, this Doctor slick product you mentioned looks like a winner.

https://www.reeds-direct.co.uk/doctor-slick-natural-elm-bark-cork-grease-stick.html

The Rico cork grease available here doesn’t penetrate the cork properly, but the beeswax balm works great.

brother cavefish
              Participant

i love the stuff and he has a wood oil too, good stuff, it used to be big 18 years ago, somewhere down the line faded out, , i buy the bigger version

https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Products-Doctor-Slick-Monster/dp/B003DASCH2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502974138&sr=8-2&keywords=doctor+slick

” the world of gimmicks has swept our minds and common sense away”, famous quote

William Cingolani
                Participant

I was told by a sax tech here in Florida that Cork Grease like Rico Cork Grease dissolves the glue that holds the cork on the neck. He recommended wax. I use bees Wax lip balm

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Sooner or later I’ll buy a reed geek from Wood Wind. Right now I’m blowing the fiber hemp reed

Mel
                    Participant

CB – I ordered one of the big tubes today. Only a couple left on Amazon.

brother cavefish
                      Participant

you will love it,

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.