Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Chris Potter's solo playing Cherokee in 10 keys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Quite an exercise!

And something else a little quicker!

Anonymous

impressive 2nd video – watch how high those fingers go, not.

one of the things that i find mystifying is – if all i want to do is pick up a sheet of music and play along with a band or backing track, is it really necessary to do all these different execises?

Theres millions of different exercises to do out there to develop different areas of playing, i’d never find the time of day to do them all?

i just want a good tone, play in time, be able to play any sheet music.
        So i just hopefully do exercises related to these goals.

Not really into improvising as people i know want to hear well known songs and get bored with stuff they aren’t familiar with – like a bunch of squaking, screaming sounds etc..

Bill Mecca
        Participant
          wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Jeff Man this guy can play !!! You know I always wonder what makes a man want to go so way out I wish I could what are the steps to getting there ??

Anonymous

Hi Wayne, what gets me is that Chris was only na-na-na-na 19 when he made this Bossa Nova recording. Aaaaahhhh will we ever catch up?

A wonderful player!!! I think we know the answer : Practice… practice… practice… practice… and a little more practice…

Anonymous

and a ton more load of practice

wayne wojnarowski
                Participant

Sx poet once again in agreement, I want the same for my playing and in regards to this little top 40 band we are getting back together out this way we are sitting down and collecting some of the Hits that the people want to hear. It’s simple if the club owner asks to bring in 20 to 40 people and you say you can , and you don’t you won’t be back.He’s selling liquor were selling the music to make them dance, sweat and drink, I think!

Anonymous

throw in free salted peanuts – that makes people thirsty

Anonymous

For those advanced players amongst us the 28 page PDF transcription for Chris Potter’s Transcription of Cherokee in 10 Keys is available from this website.

Transcription page and link

The link is underlined just above the P.S. paragraph

Also see Charles ton of transcriptions on this amazing free resource!!!

Charles McNeal Page

Johnny you are going to love this page!

Anonymous

some cool stuff on that website!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.