Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Christmas Time for a friend:

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

I was asked to record this tune for a friend, a few clams here and there but I did my best.

john
      Keymaster

beautiful Mike. for the sax could have been up just a tad in the mix but you nailed the playing!

Ridge
        Participant

Mike, very good recording of this song. I listened to it twice. The second time was thru my stereo and it sounded even better. It has a smokey jazz feel, I could hear those breathy notes. First time listeing I thought the last note was short but hearing it thru the stereo I found it to be spot on.

Mike Potter
          Participant

Thanks Johnny and Ridge, I did another mix and brought the sax up some, it did improve the sound overall.

john
            Keymaster

what I do when deciding on where the sax sits in the mix is compare mine to a similar song,and try to pace it in the same spot….whether your reference is a vocal or a sax. Cause as someone who is the recordist, performer and mixer, it’s easy to either be a little shy or the opposite and have it too loud. so compare your mix to a professional mix of a similar song.

Mike Potter
              Participant

great advice Johnny, I went a listened to a couple of tracks for this song on youtube and remixed the output using those mixes, oddly enough (using Logic Pro) I find the bounced mix a little different from the track playing back in the DAW. Not sure why… anyhow, here’s the remixed version.https://soundcloud.com/saxdaddy/christmas-time-is-here-121618-1025-am

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.