Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Did you ever try a Trevor James RAW Tenor when you did a review of the Alto?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,

When you did the review of the Trevor James RAW Alto, did you ever get the chance at Massullo to hold/play around with the RAW Tenor Model? What really appeals to me about this line/model of Saxophone in particular is that “Vintage” sound, feel, etc.. and the direction I’m looking on headed with my playing. Have a listen to the video from Massullo of the Tenor model below…that “vintage” sound is fantastic, especially on the lower register.
      To the other extreme, for the Alto I prefer a more bright & “focused” type of intonation so I’m leaning towards the T.J. RAW Signature Gold Lacquered model because of the type of music I want to play on the Alto. These Saxophones paired up with a Theo Wanne MP?!? I’m REALLY excited about it. I’ve already got a Theo Wanne Durga MP for my Alto already ordered and I will have it now this month and is scheduled to arrive around the time I get back home.

john
      Keymaster

No I only tried the alto up till now. I will look at the tenors he has next time I get around there again.
        I think any of those models will be great for you and keep you happy for many years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.