Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Does anyone give their sax a name?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

a friend of mine everytime she gets a new car, she gives it a name!

So i was thinking of giving my Sax a name?

So i can say to my wife oim a bit bored, so oim just going to play with whatsitsname for the next hour!

Anonymous

What about calling it Zephyros, James?

The ancient Greek name for the west wind, which is generally light and beneficial.

This kind of blow is not a ‘West’ of time.

😉

Anonymous

lol @west of time!

i just recently picked up the sax after a 3 week break (been on holiday),
          When i play, it sounds awful, thinking of calling my sax Jeckyl, lots of swearing when playing the last few days! lol

instead of a clear tone, i’m getting a muffled buzzing tone – driving me up the wall. So bad i had to switch to the metal mouthpiece as that is a lot easier to blow a bright clear tone.

Anonymous

Jeckyl! Does your playing make the neighbours run and hyde? 😉

Mmmm, I’m also struggling a little with the YTS-62 Tenor.

But … all the struggling is paying huge dividends for my Alto playing.
            I can play the lower notes with ease now and my high notes have improved too, along with my capacity for longer breaths.

I’m going to buy a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece for my tenor as it has the smallest tip opening I can find.
            The orginal 4C was dropped by the previous owner and he replaced it with a Vandoren V5 T27.

I’ll see what else they have on offer on Sunday, but if I could choose I would go for a JodyJazz HR ‘C’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.