Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Duane Eddy 's "Rebel Rouser" and "Raunchy" …fantastic stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Is this good stuff or what?!? That sound of Eddy’s guitar with the growling Tenor Sax….sounds so good. That was a really special time in music to say the least. I have this idea of getting with one of the guys locally to see if we can do something like this together 🙂

john
      Keymaster

ya it’s a great one to do with a guitar player. It wouldn’t work as only a sax solo because it has the main line happening over the sax line.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I have a friend here with the Blues Society, Robert Gunter, who is an absolutely fantastic guitar player and he wouldn’t have any problems, at all, playing either one of these songs on guitar; I’m gonna talk to him about it and I’m sure he’ll wanna do it. Any excuse either one of us can make to get together and play is good enough reason in our books LOL My thought was for him and me to do this together with him on guitar and me on Sax v.s. doing it as an Instrumental with just a backing track, it wouldn’t work like you brought out. It’s tough to beat playing great music with your friends on their own instruments.
          Just a couple of questions for my own sake, I can hear “Rebel Rouser” changing keys in semi-tones, but what key does it start off in? What key is “Raunchy” in?

Tim56
          Participant

Gotta love the music sink?? The sax starts before it is in his mouth! LOL All of American Bandstand was lip sink! Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.