Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds FIBRACEL TENOR REEDS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

any thoughts

Mel
      Participant

I bought one (2.5 ) – played it and threw it out. I sure like the Black Onyx one I bought from Johnny ( med soft ). It is great for when I get lazy and just want to slap a reed on. Right now am sold on the Java Greens.

brother cavefish
        Participant

hmm, i just got 2 for 24 dollars, but yes Java greens work for me sweet and V16s,i have some gonzales and alexanders they seem fine, but when they go no more

jake
          Participant

I use the fibracell 3 on my tenor and 2.5 on my alto saxes. I love them. Gives me a nice little buzz and no prep work with them. Also I can get the altissimo easier than with traditional wood reeds. I tried ordering reeds from Johnny to try them out but the order was cancelled as they were out of stock. I love the synthetic reeds so I would def try out the ones Johnny was showing just to compare.

brother cavefish
            Participant

yea i wanted to get some onyx, but they are not available,, i have a few boxes of Javas and V16, so no rush

Mel
              Participant

I like the Red javas very much also.

jake
                Participant

Hey Mel, I played the java reds before changing to the fibracell. I did love them while playing them! I prefer the reds over the greens. A little softer and buzzier in my opinion.

brother cavefish
                  Participant

well i just got them, not too bad, a little buzzy, and bright, softer strength than comparable numbers,

john
                    Keymaster

Onyx will be available soon I hope…Fiberreed got some new machinery and had a few issues so that’s why the June date did not happen.
                      anyway, regarding Fibracel, weird thing happened with me…
                      I bought one a while back when I was stoked with the Fiberreeds just to compare and the Fibracel #3 felt great. I was really impressed. Until the next time I tried it and then it didn’t feel as good. I’m still trying to figure out if it’s my mood or the several different mp’s I am rotating but will keep trying it.

brother cavefish
                      Participant

they are raspy and easy to manipulate , but does not have the smooth clear tone of cane, i guess its what one wants like always, lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.