Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Fitting a tenor mp on bari or alto mp on bari

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Hurst
    Participant

I’ve been posting a lot, and I’ve pondered upon something others actually might have been curious about. I am going to my local music store this Sunday, and I plan to test a bari sax. Although I don’t have a Bari mp, will a tenor or alto “fit” on it?

jake
      Participant

I just got bari a few months back. To answer your question, nope, the other mp’s won’t fit the bari. I did throw a tenor reed on the mp before I got my bari reeds tho and that seemed to work in the interm,

Jonathan Hurst
        Participant

Alright thanks. I’ll have to get one. I’m also going to be able to test all of the Selmers they have, they said they have some vintage Selmers as well. Looking forward to it!

Z
          Participant

I know this is a month old so I don’t know if anyone will see it, but I have had stuff like that work. When I got my berg larsen metal tenor mouthpiece, I really wanted to try it, but I only had my bari with me. I played it and it sounded awesome! Made me really want to get a bari metal mouthpiece, but I can’t afford it.. It made a good sound, but it was really sharp, so I wouldn’t ever normally do it. It works alright though if there’s nothing else to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.