Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone For The Good Times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

“For The Good Times” written by Kris Kristofferson. I recorded this about 8 years ago on my yamaha studio 24 channel digital mixer recorder. Playing along with the late Al Hirt. I don’t have the Yamaha anymore, “For The Good Times” old year out and new year in.
      William

Anonymous

Sounds like you had a good time way back then, round about when i started playing the sax!

For my needs i use an 8track digital recorder. Tracks 1 & 2 for the stereo backing track, track 3 for the sax microphone, track 4 for the electric guitar if needed, track 5 & 6 for keyboard if needed, track 7 for vocal microphone recording if needed. Most cases i just record the sax with a stereo backing track – so i wouldn’t need a 24 track recorder.

if i need more tracks, i can bounce all 8 tracks to stereo tracks 1 & 2 and have tracks 4to8 free to add more microphone recordings. The final master track created is separate from the 8 tracks used for recording.

RockinRobin
        Participant

Thanks stopping by sx poet
          That Yamaha studio recorder was quiet a beast. Sounds like you knew what you were doing. I once had Studio. So now I’m sticking with GarageBand. Cheers
          William

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.