Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video frankie & johnie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

just uploading ‘frankie & Johnny’ – in the spirit of getting more people
      to do uploads this is one where i’ve just started today learning to play
      another grade 3 tune, just to show everyone – i need to do a lot of work
      to get it sounding right, in step etc… But i’m just having fun.

Come lets seen some uploads from people who haven’t done them before,
      you’ll get bored listening to mine.

Anonymous

another grade 3 piece – i am learning,
        unforunately these are more geared to classical
        stuff, but its honing my sight reading craft.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

HI JB–thanks for sharing. That Frankie and Johnnie melody is a pretty cool one, never even thought about that melody before–opened my eyes a little! It’s got that typical Blues chord progression in it. I can definately hear lots of improvements in your playing since the last uploads. On the second video, I noticed the volume of your Saxophone playing is kind of low, it was hard to hear in some places what was being played v.s. the Piano being much louder. Granted, with a band we always want to “blend in”, but it would cool if maybe you could balance the volume out a little bit more so as to hear what you’re playing. Yeah, I noticed there haven’t been too many uploads lately too–Jake shared some pretty cool stuff of him playing live–so thanks for sharing this one. The blog is a great tool and it can help us make huge improvements in our playing to say the least, so glad to see you’re encouraging anyone who hasn’t uploaded to do it; it’s about making progress v.s. trying to “impress” anyone. It was perfecting timing for your to encourage members to upload, I’ll be doing my first video this coming weekend and it’s the start of my series of uploads to get ready for things I’m doing locally. When it’s done you’ll probably be tired of seeing me…thanks for your patience LOL

Anonymous

Thanks Michael, i can’t make excuses for my playing, but my recordings – i’ll try and lower the backing track next time. If i lower the backing too much, then i can’t hear it when i play my sax. Its a catch 22 situation, i need to get some proper speakers instead of these 2inch speakers i’ve got and a better mike. Just waiting to upgrade in the mean time its ok for the blog.

Yeah i’m trying to get new blood to do uploads, it just seems to be you, jake & kevin & my half hearted attempts.

No but seroiously i need to up my game now, as the sax grade levels work is getting tougher. So its a case of working the dreaded metronome – theres a fine line between working to get things right for me (as examiners are less forgiving) and enjoying myself.

anyway cant wait to hear your uploads, and to anyone else thinking of uploading – no ones perfect

William Cingolani
            Participant

Hi JB and Mike,
              I have been and still am working on 4 pieces to upload. Maybe next week I’ll have some thing ready. I’ve been practicing these pieces for weeks. I better upload something before I forget how to use my Garage Band. You all sound good with your uploads. I do like that blusey progression in “Frankie and Johnny”. Cheers
              William

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Awesome William–it’s very encouraging to see members upload for sure. For me lately it was tough to upload, buying a new house and having all kinds of work done to it. WE’re officially moved in on Nov.1 🙂 What a relief! I typically like to upload once a month but with circumstances it was tough..that’s going to change now and you’ll probably get tired of seeing me LOL But I need help/input from everyone to get ready for these shows.
                JB: Do the best you can and look at what you have learned/how far you’ve come. You’re making great progress. Just keep at it, good playing to you 🙂

Anonymous

William & Michael – thats great that you will be uploading some stuff!
                  I find it takes my mind off my own sax work when i get to listen to what other people are workng on, unfortunately my work is grade related, but i will try and do so of JF’s stuff.

paddy jordan
                  Participant

Hey James
                    good to here you rocking away there, just want to say if your looking for a little desk top speaker system that kicks ass for not a lot of doe check out audio engine +5 i researched loads of speakers and recently got a pair of these via amazon they are the dogs b……. you wont be disapointed.

john
                    Keymaster

JB I think the mix is good. also I think your timing has gotten better.

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny – i would like to hear more members playing their stuff (if anyone is holding back because their afraid of being labelled ‘out to impress’, i would still like to hear their stuff they work on, and think one day i might sound like that)

Thanks for the audio engine 5+ tip, i’ll check them out, i was
                        looking at getting a zoomer
                        http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?action=product&product_id=550

but the audio engine 5+ might go
                        down better with the wife, as she
                        has small collection of cd, and
                        the audio takes up less room!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.