Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Getting ready for Bari

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Hurst
    Participant

I’ve been playing tenor for five years. Conns, Bueschers, Selmer Paris, the big names. I’m getting ready for marching tryouts in 2 weeks and am trying out for Bari full time for the first time. How should I get ready??

john
      Keymaster

for marching it will be heavier but you already know that.
        the thing about switching over to bari from tenor is you’ll notice it will require more air to play loud and in tune. you can’t prepare for that on tenor. you will also be amazed after playing bari for a while how much smaller the tenor seems. have you got your mouthpiece and reeds yet?

Jonathan Hurst
        Participant

No, I have not, as I am still looking for the good one to start with. I’m considering for beginning, La Voz medium reeds with a Rico Mouthpiece

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Hey Jonathan and Johnny,
            I’ve thought about getting a Bari in time as they look to be great, great fun–in compared to Tenors, doesn’t a good, quality Bari tend to cost a lot more $?

Anonymous

i love la voz medium reeds (alto) – my favorite!!

the last 2 i bought loose from the shop worked perfectly! at least when you buy em loose, they are in sealed packets, so no need to buy em by the box.

i use them on a selmar solo d mouth piece & they have a good body tone! I also tried them on my
              durga 3 theowanne mouthpiece & sadly to say the selmar outdid the durga by miles!! / they don’t suit the durga at all

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.