Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from the UK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I never really got started on my horn. Family and kids got in the way. Now it's time to pick it up again. I played drums in many and varied bands in my youth, but never had a go at a tonal instrument, regrettably. I decided to start on the tenor when I moved abroad; always loved the sound of it. I found a good sax teacher when I lived in Tokyo for a few years, but when my wife fell pregnant and our first child arrived the horn had to take a very long rest in its case while I enjoyed the kids growing up. Now seventeen years later we're finally reunited and I'm determined to spend at least half an hour every day until I can start playing in bands again. When I'm ready I'll up our engagement to whatever it takes.

I've trawled the web to find some good advice and Johnny's place seems to suit my current (and hopefully future) needs to achieve my goal. I cannot afford a teacher anymore (teenage kids and all), but I remember enough from the years back in Tokyo to start not entirely from scratch. Horn sounds good, I'm refreshing the 12 major scales and a few blues scales, need to work on my tone, breathing (again), and embouchure.

Looking much forward to get re-acquainted with my dreams!

Jan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.