Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video hey jude

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

this is the guy that teaches me the sax –

he’s actually recorded it in the room he teaches me

wayne wojnarowski
      Participant

SX POET HOW MUCH FOR A LESSON?? Tell him to talk to Johnnie about selling that video!! Man Kicks ASS can you hit those altissimo notes ?????

Anonymous

this is his music books for sale

http://www.halleonard.com/search/search.action?_c&subsiteid=65&keywords=paul+hollis&searchcategory=00

If i could play 5% as good as him – i would be very happy.

Anonymous

Wonderfully expressive style, I could listen to him play all day.

So is Paul teaching you Sax in this Hollis-tech style? – LOL

I wonder how long it would take to learn to play like that?

Man, do you have a Sax teacher!!!

Anonymous

one of the most interesting things in life is your brain listens to the way people sound when they talk, and makes you comminicate in a similar sounding way, you only notice it when you move to another area in the same country and they have a slightly different accent or sound.

Well the same thing applies to playing the sax, when you play your instrument and then someone of that level plays their instrument in the same room, your brain after repeatedly hearing what their different keys sound like makes you play back in a closely similar sounding manner.

The same thing applies if you play in an orchestra with other sax’s you soon blend in with their sound and sound just like them.

But style & expression is different kettle of fish

Kevin
              Participant

When it comes to someone selecting a song that can showcase one’s chops, there aren’t that many songs that come to my mind where you can show some mellow slower expressive verse’s then have it build to the songs end where you can blow it out with runs, altissmo, improv, etc. That’s definitely one to want to put on a bucket list, though I may never have enough practice time before I’m to old to “air-it-out” like that. Thank’s for uploading that James. I agree with you that one can assimilate into being a very proficient musician by choosing to rub shoulders with those whom we regard highly. So stay the course James, we look forward to seeing a performance that will get a “standing-O” from you some day!!!

Anonymous

Kettle of fish? Nooo, a source full of secrets! You can you tell I’m a Pink Floyd fan?

You are a lucky chap to be learning from him. I wish I could spend an hour or two learning from his experience!

I like his tapered approach towards the notes – very expressive IMHO. I did have a search for his book but no luck down here.

jake
                  Participant

Thanks for sharing that video, that was simply amazing! Looks like you are in good hands. If there was a pro like that around me I would be taking lessons for sure!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.