Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Hey Pete here is my solo version of Bring it back home to me!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

Pete
      Participant

Hey Leo thanks, did play your version the other day gave a thumbs up nice one. I had not noticed this tune on this site, thanks to you i purchased it.

Leo Salu
        Participant

Hi Pete in the first version i played along with the full mix that johnny made, in this version i played alone with the backing track with out Johnny, solo.

Pete
          Participant

Hi Leo yes i try to play along with Johnny just to try and get my timing better, thats how we learn a lot imo.
            Also i watch the video of Johnny and play along with that.

sxpoet
            Participant

Well played! i haven’t bought this one yet.

i’m trying to play the same tunes both on Alto and clarinet, so i have to pick tunes on the Alto that have to lie in the range from Low B to High C# for me to play the exact same notes on the clarinet with the same backing track.

Leo Salu
              Participant

Sounds like you are having fun with your clarinet, i tried playing one back in the early sixties had no luck with it at all and you are doing great with it. Looking forward to your next video.

sxpoet
                Participant

currently working on ‘Harlem Nocturne’ – i can just about play it on the Alto, but it’s taking me longer on the clarinet. When i can play it on the clarinet, then i’ll record both instruments separately.

the clarinet has 19 alternative finger positions, so on ‘harlem nocturne’ i’ve been working out where to use or not use alternative fingers in terms of making it easier to play. I’ve only been playing the clarinet in less than a year, struggling with remembering how to play the alternative keys.

The clarinet definitely plays keys a lot more in tune than the sax, however fingering the keys on the clarinet you have to be far more accurate and hold your fingers closer to the clarinet (you have to cover holes with your fingers and not covering them properly is the equivalent of a leaking pad on the sax resulting in horrible high pitch squeaks). I can understand someone starting out on a clarinet and then switching to a sax would have a head start on accurately fingering the keys on the sax.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.