Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Hurting thumb joints from playing saxophone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roger Rivner
    Participant

Hurting thumbs at bottom joint where it connects to the palm while playing the saxophone which is getting worse. What can I do so it gets better and I can keep playing? Thanks

john
      Keymaster

Roger, are you new to playing the sax, or is this a thing that just started happening after years of playing all of a sudden?
        I’ve had a similar thing from time to time. I never did anything special to get rid of it, just went away eventually. If it persists maybe a physio therapist?

Roger Rivner
        Participant

———- Forwarded message ———-
          I have been playing for about 20 years. It just started happening after I retired and started practicing many more hours then usual since I now have many more hours of free time. I started taping my thumbs and limiting my practice time as well as taking off the thumb hook. Thank you for responding to me. That’s nice.

I just bought your grasin in the grass backing track. Can you please send me the the score in concert key like you did for the other backing tracks that I purchased from you? I really enjoy your backing tracks and arrangements. Thanks.

Roger

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.