Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions I talked to John Winslow over the phone, will be making them for me….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      So I talked to John Winslow over the phone this morning, he’s going to make the Winslow ligature for me on both Alto and Tenor. I told him I have a Soprano coming later this month and he can make Soprano Winslows too. The great news is that for the MPs I’m using on both Alto/Tenor he has made several Winslows for the line of MPs that I’m using and so he knew exactly what I needed…he has asked some folks to make those paper ligatures that Paddy was talking about before, but with the Vandoren line of MPs he didn’t need me to do that. His turn-a-round time after you pay for your order is normally 2 weeks, which is fine with me; I’m not one of these people who orders something and then is like “so where is it?” Seemed to be a laid-back guy, he’s not too happy about Saxxas ligatures as he has gotten reports of people who bought the Saxxas ligature saying the that ligature came off the MP while in the middle of playing….I was also told the same thing by my own Instructor here, so there’s got to be some truth to that. Their replacement kits are also much more expensive than Winslow. In any case, he asked me where I had been been learning to play Saxophone from and I mentioned your name and your website and told him you were the real deal/as good as they come…he was like “oh…okay” but it was that kind of response that you get from someone when they remember having spoken to them before. His prices are very reasonable. In light of you having your new Guardala, maybe it’s good time to contact him?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.