Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Johny-Be-Goode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert Daugherty
    Participant

I just downloaded Johny-Be-Goode and backing track any advice on playing this awsome piece I don’t care if it takes me 2 years gonna stick with it untill I can rock the house apart.

brother cavefish
      Participant

good luck, thats a guitar centered song, in my opinion the sax would be competing,, and the sax needs to be the center

john
        Keymaster

@brother no, saying the sax is competing is like saying the vocals are competing. we’re not playing the guitar part, we’re playing the melody (vocalist) part. the guitar supports the melody, it does not compete.

@Robert
          great choice. it’s hard to give advice to somebody I never heard play before. my suggestion is to work on it for a while till you feel you’ve got a pretty good handle on it then upload a video or audio recording of it and we’ll take it from there.

brother cavefish
          Participant

no disrespect just my thoughts on this song

Robert Daugherty
            Participant

Hello brother cavefish: Have you seen Johny Ferreira playing Johny-Be-Goode?
              I’ve listened to this probably 100 times this month I can’t get it out of my head.

brother cavefish
              Participant

actually i saw it after i made my comment , Johnny is very innovative, when it comes to the sax, i am more of a traditionalist , i really dont ask for much ,,,but simplicity , concerning the sax,,, i am an old fart lol

Robert Daugherty
                Participant

I will be 60 years old next month I like smooth blues as well as jump blues 6 months ago I knew absolutely nothing about about the saxophone I thought you could blow in one end and music would come out the other. I stuck with it no teacher but practiced every night now can play a few songs like Amazing Grace really good. Now for Johny Be Goode I don’t know if the world’s ready for me or not haha.

brother cavefish
                  Participant

aint no sunshine is a good starter song, and it can be fancied up mean

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.