Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Jump, Jive and Wail by Louis Prima

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Would this make a great Saxophone Instrumental or what?!? 🙂 This one would definately before the Tenor Sax.

john
      Keymaster

ya no kidding. these guys were the tops of the game. great musicians and energetic performers. I recorded this song on one of my cd’s and played it in my set for many years. also was able to meet Sam Butera at a festival in Switzerland we played at together…got a pic of us over at my other website if you wanna check it out!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Yes, I saw that pic of you and Sam Butera on your site together…and I’m very jealous about it LOL I tell you, you’ve met some pretty incredible people in the music world Johnny…I only wish I could have met people like that in my life. Don’t EVER take it for granted! Speaking of Sam Butera, what kind of a guy was he/his personality? I mean, those of us who are fans of his would flood him with all kinds of music questions, but I think it’s also cool to just “pick their brains” a little in terms of what they, as a person, are like. Those guys were at the top of their game like you said, and I think in comparison to much of today’s music, what those guys did STILL takes the cake. These great songs like Sam Butera’s stuff, Glenn Miller, etc. have stood the test of changing times….it still hits so good with people even today…at least here in Arkansas/southern United States it does. I found a decent backing track on karaoke for this one and have some sheet music for the Sax solo lines, it’s all very straight forward stuff. I would imagine it would make a fantastic Sax cover in your song selections to buy for Swing type of music…speaking of which I’m buying “Urgent” tomorrow. You released it just in time too because I finished a number of stuff that I learned to get ready for what I’m doing locally starting now late November, so I can really focus on Urgent 🙂 I finished a Tenor Saxophone Instrumental for this great song of “The Stripper” by David Rose that’s posted below that I’m going to do for the upcoming events locally and it will be part of the uploads I do for you/other members to critique and my first upload starts this weekend, I may have it up by tomorrow evening. I want to get this stuff as good as possible; I mean…playing in front of all those people?!? For December, the city of Little Rock also wanted me to make what they called an “Electronic Press Kit” that’s kind of like an Electronic “Resume” of my playing? I’ve been doing research on how to put one together. I have to remind them I’m just a mere student player and they understand that…great folks to work with here in South 🙂

john
          Keymaster

Someone posted this on Youtube and I just discovered it…it’s my band playing Jump Jive an Wail onstage. No sax solos from me but check out some of my musicians!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Great stuff Johnny! So cool to see you guys had done this one together. Even with no sax solos you guys still sound great. I’ve learned the Sax solo Louis Prima played and I’m working on the main melody right now. After that I’ll finish it up with Improvisation with the Tenor in place of the trumpet and piano lines…I may get creative and do those parts on my Alto, make it an Alto/Tenor duet. We’ll see what I do LOL
              On a side note, if there’s ever a song you should think about doing here on your site to buy from you, I think you should at least consider doing this one…who doesn’t love it? The solo Louis Prima played it fairly easy to play, just uses the Blues scale 🙂

Marc Justiniano
              Participant

Johnny, great vocal. Didn’t know you can sing too. Fantastic singing and your band is fabulous.

Bill Mecca
                Participant

The Shoes!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.