Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation Lick 5 "Trill Me" worked great–just adapted to the chord I was in.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
      I’m just about done with my Blues Brother Instrumental and was doing some polishing up on it–this is fun, FUN stuff to play–and entire 5:30 instrumental with no sheet music–just Improvisation of the Blues….I love this stuff 🙂 I was looking/thinking of a lick I can use to kind of create some tension and momentum as the track heads into the main solo and your 5th lick “Trill Me” fit in perfectly; just adapted it to the chord I was in…presto there you go 🙂 That’s really good how you show all of those licks that can be used over both Rock & Swing, using exactly the same notes; but they’re just played with a different feel/rhythm. Cool stuff to say the least 🙂
      I know for a professional player like yourself, you’ve done these things so much and so often that you don’t even think about it any more, and for some it may not seem like such a big deal to them. But for someone like me who is a mere student player and who is just now, barely, getting really going with this stuff–it’s all be a real eye-opener…not just because I love it so much and it’s the kind of Sax playing that I’ve always loved to listen to on the radio; but it just seems like EVERYONE loves to hear this kind of playing! It seems like you haven’t forgotten what it was like to be in our shoes either, to be struggling and then how good it was to be able to start using this stuff in your own playing, when you first started playing those Altissimo notes after all of that work, etc..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.