Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Little Latin Lupe Lue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

I never heard this song before but was asked to record it with my Bari sax with the band a did a benefit with last year. I think it came out pretty cool, and def fun to play. I just love the mix of this Bari and the oldies!!!! Was just having some fun in this video and fun with my movie maker. Enjoy!

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Now that is cool Jake–that Bari def. goes great with that song/style of music…maybe even more so than the Tenor. Looks like you’re enjoying that Bari too, I don’t blame you either; looks to be a fun Saxophone for sure. I’ve read how several Tenor players have said that if they didn’t play Tenor, then the Bari would be the choice of Sax. Great stuff Jake–one thing I was going to say was that in your recording I was having a little bit of a hard time hearing your Sax, could be my cpu. though.

jake
        Participant

Its lower in parts, mite be computer, The mix may need to be adjusted as well. I have my computer connected to a PA amp and it sounds pretty good.
          I am so happy with the sounds of the Bari. It seems it has the buzz and sound I am after with my 1st real setup. I wonder why the tenor sound isn’t there with various setups. It seems this bari just naturally gives my the sound I am craving. So strange? Has anyone or you Johnny heard the same thing about the Bari sax?

john
          Keymaster

I agree cause the bari has a bite and tone that just cuts through unlike anything else.

Anonymous

cool Jake – i can c u r n joying yourself!

1st time i’ve heard that song, sounds a bit like my generation.

that sax definitely suits you🎷

jake
              Participant

That is so true Johnny.
                Thanks for the comments guys. Yea JB, love playing this thing. So fun and energetic, especially when playing these oldies. I also play Wonderful Tonight by Clapton, and the subtleness just rings out. I do a low E, D#,D,C, into a C# run while holding the low C# (before the famous riff of the song, which I play on the bari) and it blends beautifully with the guitar. The C to C# gives it enough tension to make it sound so pleasing to the ears!! Loven IT for sure.

Ridge
                Participant

Liked this Jake, it brought back old memories. yeah the Bari is cool (word used back in the day). The song is about 50 yrs old. My sisters knew all of the dance moves like the Watusi,the jerk,the twist, the mash potato, I was more the mash potato kind of guy, but some of the guys would do the alligator. It was fun times. Just had to fill you in on some names of the dance moves…………Ridge

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Sounding great Jake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.