Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video manipulating sound effects on a sax

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hi JF – do you do any sound effect manipulations like this on stage or in your recordings

Sounds quite effective to me what can be achieved by using additional software/hardware when playing live.

Anonymous

some more

Anonymous

these effects sound even better

john
          Keymaster

Yes I’ve played with an octave devider, echo plex, and a wah wah pedal. Did a whole song on my last cd using a wah wah pedal
            It’s a great effect on sax
            I don’t use it live as it can be hard to control and deal with but in a controlled studio environment it’s more fun

Jazz Cat
            Participant

I like fx pedals on my ibanez electric guitar, I could see them w/tenor on rare occasion if gigging, for fx…overall tho I’ll focus on learning how to growl + altissimo, want authentic vs fx growls.

good video johnny u did on growling tho I still can’t…I’m trying every time i practice; frustrating not being able to growl like you do, it’s an essential skill. all the other youtube vids say hum/sing while playing but I’m not getting the buzz-sound still…will keep at it, good tip you had re trying first on midrange notes, thx

Anonymous

sounds fun using these devices (novelty factor) – trouble is these days when you go on youtube, i sometimes can’t tell if a player is using a device or if the player has used software to pretty up the sound.

Marc Justiniano
                Participant

Marc Justiniano
                  Participant

Johnny has seen this video with my friend Jim Scimonetti before but I thought I would share with the form because I am sure Jim is using reverb along with his playing, even though he is a pro. This is one song I saw Jim play at a car show and that is the main reason I picked up my sax playing again after so many years that I wasted. But its never to late. Hope everyone enjoys Jim’s performance as he likes to show off sometimes and with good reason in my opinion.

Anonymous

great stuff Marc.

When people play an instrument they play it to the best of their abilities – sadly there will always a minority group of small minded jealous liateners who will say they are showing off – jez what else are these guys supposed to do? its their bread & butter.

Marc Justiniano
                      Participant

Sxpoet, you absolutely right about some listeners! For myself I need to do the ground work to improve my playing but it’s always nice to just enjoy playing freely from time to time after practicing the basics. It sounds like you are really hitting the books with your sax playing, good for you!
                        Look forward to hearing your sax playing in the near future here in the form.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.