Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Mean Mr Senf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Johnny

I’ve just acquired a download of Rock and Roll Saxophonist.

I just love this track and think it would make a wonderful addition to your song lessons.

jake
      Participant

I agree, lovin that sax sound.
        My other favorites are “If that ain’t love” and “Lady”, I just love how the sax sets the mood in “Lady”, beautifully done.

john
        Keymaster

hey thanks a lot guys. I’ve only been concentrating on making backing tracks and music sheets for very popular songs that everybody knows. maybe in the near future I could make some of my own rock n roll songs available too as you guys suggest… there’s at least 2 sales already right?!

Anonymous

this ones my favorite

opens the mind up – takes u places – u loose controll – lights exploding everywhere – everything goes white – then u’re on a new plain – music everywhere – de da la di da de da da dum dum da de da…

Michael Bishop
            Participant

yes, that’s a good one for sure to make Johnny that JB shared. Thanks for sharing it JB 🙂 On top of Johnny’s CDs, I got to finish my collection of “Honkers and Bars Walkers”….there’s LOADS of good stuff on those CDs. We’re in our new home Nov.1, Johnny’s CDs and the Honkers/Bar Walkers collections are on my “to buy” list. Now that I’m only working PT, I have at least 12 hours more a week to use, wonder what I’m going to do? 🙂
              JOHNNY: The other one I would almost BEG you to make is “Blue Bop”…please don’t make me beg LOL You better believe playing that song here locally would hit well with folks 🙂 That type of Blues playing is easily my favorite kind of music to play. If I remember, hasn’t someone else requested you release this one before?
              Talking about your CDs, have you thought about making putting an extra page here on your site to feature/advertise your CDs where people can find them more easily/buy them? Everyone goes here to this site, they may not even think to go to your other site of johnnyferreira.com there where you do have your CDs posted.

Anonymous

Johnny, what is the history behind this track and it’s strange name?
                It just shouts comedy to me and I might have called it ‘Buster Keaton’. It would make a great theme tune for a top-class comedy show.
                I love the way you make the sax laugh!

I agree with Jake’s taste, Lady is also my second favourite, but Mean Mr Senf has become my all-time favourite Sax tune. It makes me smile each time I play it and if I’ve played it once I’ve played it forty times in the last 24 hours. I must get hold of a proper CD this MP3 story is okay for uploads and on the PC, but I want to play it on the HIFI with additional volume.

How did you get the Waah-waah effect on the Sax or was it the trumpet? The quality of the music, backing singers and the musicians performances are excellent!

john
                Keymaster

Thanks Jeff. I borrowed a wah wah peddle from my guitar player and just plugged the sax mic into it. that was a lot of fun. I did try it on stage live but it turned out to be too much of a hassle. but in the controlled studio environment it was ok.
                  To be honest I can’t remember how I came up with that title though.

Mean Mr Senf on the other hand has a pretty funny story behind it…
                  One of my stage suits is a bright yellow/gold/mustard color and the first time I wore it we were touring in Europe.
                  the first night I wore it we were in Austria I think and the hotel had a long staircase from the lobby up to the second floor and so my band was in the lobby when I hit the top of the stars. Paul, my guitar player (one of the funniest people I’ve ever met, and best guitarist too) yelled out hey, it’s “Herr Senf”. In German, Senf means mustard and herr means Mister so they started calling me Herr Senf for most of the tour.
                  when we got back and recorded that tune I thought of calling it Mean Mister Mustard but that was the name of a Beatles song and so we went with
                  “Mean Mr Senf”
                  Here’s a pic of it:
                  Mean Mr Senf

jake
                  Participant

Awesome story Johnny.
                    Mean mr senf reminds me of yaketty sax a little bit. Funny how Jeff said it reminds him of comedy. I was thinking the same thing. Yea I would def be a customer of some of ur tunes.

Anonymous

Thank you, that’s a funny story and makes perfect sense now that you’ve explained that the word is German for mustard.
                      Your Sax playing is smoking hot on these tracks, full of character and interesting effects, very enjoyable indeed.
                      I’m looking forward to ‘Senf’ as a lesson download. These songs are wonderful examples of the earlier music styles.

john
                      Keymaster

thanks guys, when I wrote mr senf I was actually trying to do a rock and roll version of yakety sax!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.