Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Mouthpiece Video Update

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      On his website for most of the Guardalas, he has the choice of either “hand made master enhancement” or “original”. Will you be talking about the difference between those 2 options in your review? If his hand made master enhancement is superior to the original, then the hand made model is probably the way to go. For the Studio Guardala that I would be looking at, he says it’s the “middle of the road mouthpiece”, that’s the one I would be looking at; a Guardala that is designed where it’s not too difficult to control with subtones, ballads, etc., but can also “scream” when I need it. The MBII, MBI, new FAtboy models would probably be too much for me, while the Crescent model is not enough for me–the tip opening is too small. The Studio is a great balance of Baffle/Chamber size and tip opening for me. Even though the Amazon Guardala wasn’t the real deal, it was labeled as a Studio model so I do already have at least some exposure to a Studio, even if it wasn’t Authentic. You are a life safer Johnny…can’t believe the awesome timing. The prices of true Guardalas on ebay are enough to make you choke LOL

wayne wojnarowski
      Participant

Hi Johnnie lucky you busy January , I envy you ! I like everyone else , have various mouthpieces ! You need to play for me why is this mouth piece so Fantastic!!!! I am not being rude flippant , arrogant or anything but the great players of our past didn’t have these technological advantages and they sound great are these mouth pieces worth it . How would you explain the tenor player last week playing on the Otto Link whatever and kicking ass!! I don’t necessarily think a mouthpiece will be the answer to someones tone or EGO
        or whatever ,Don’t you agree it’s practice .practice practice I do understand that endorsements are worth a lot !!Peace and Love!!

Anonymous

good point Wayne.

back in the old days when my teacher played professionsally in a ball room dance band, all the sax players had to use identical looking mouthpieces so no one looked out of place in the band, they didn’t have a choice

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.