Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My collection 4 tenors 2 altos 1 soprano and 1 c melody at 117 yrs old

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

sxpoet
      Participant

Wow – make sure you have some good guard dogs outside 24/7.

Leo Salu
        Participant

SP The tenors are a Yamaha yts 62, Yamaha yts 23, Selmer bundy 2, and a Etude, the altos are a Selmer AS 200 and a Etude, soprano no name, the c melody is a Conn.
          the collection was basically created thru the years as i saw the need for a better sax and hated to get rid of the old originals. LS

sxpoet
          Participant

think of all those poor upcoming young sax players looking for a good sax to buy.

i’ve seen quite a few used Selmar’s come up for sale over the years, and i refuse to buy them, otherwise i could be depriving an upcoming player of getting their hands on a great sax.

i can understand you not parting with them. Have you got names for each one, like some people name their cars?

Leo Salu
            Participant

SP I occasionally refer to the yts62 as “Baby” the rest just by the company name and yes we do have names for our two cars! As for the collection when i move on to the other world, my wife will donate all the saxes to our local high school band. So a young musician will have access to a sax.

sxpoet
              Participant

Excellent idea Leo, the school my youngest daughter went to, donated her an electric guitar when she was playing clarinet in the school band. She had two school band trips abroad, in Belgium and Italy and fully enjoyed playing.

Then i bought her clarinet off her, just in case she wants to pick it up again later on in life, so i’m now practicing the clarinet in the meantime, had it serviced and keeping it in playing condition. recently been practicing Johnny’s ‘Michelle’ and ‘Rock around the clock’ on alto and clarinet – long way from recording. I find the solo section the hardest bit.

Mike Potter
                Participant

nice collection!!

Leo Salu
                  Participant

Thanks Mike, it kind of just grew, each one got a little better than the last, my favorite is the last one I got, a Yamaha yts 62 good horn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.