Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself My first attempt at recording

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    wayne wojnarowski
    Participant

Here’s my first attempt at playing with a backing track.

Ridge
      Participant

Wayne, I found this to be a very good first attempt. Good tone, good rhythm, volume was good, and you added your own spin good.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Sounds great Wayne

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

William and Ridge thanks from the bottom of my heart this is the first time I have ever done anything like this, and your comments make me feel like a million bucks. My nephew is my computer guy who put it out there for me, I couldn’t have done it without him. I feel like I won a award! I’m a frustrated drummer who LIVES for music and I just got my computer 4 months ago so this is just the tip of the iceberg as they say! Hey anybody out there need a drummer?? Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

jake
            Participant

Great 1st attempt to say the least wayne. Boy these lessons Johnny put together are catchy little tunes. I play that one often to warm up and mess around with. Totally agree with the previous comments here as well. Did I read in a different post that you use 3.5 reeds?? Wow, that would seem like a chunck of wood to me. HaHa. Great job, keep up the good work.

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

Jake surely you jest1 I’ve had my sax for some time . But I’m a drummer no bull crap! I don’t know if 3.5 is thick is it ? Are you pulling my leg? maybe tenors use thinner because you have to fill that puppy up with so much air??? Thanks for the comments I love this site, I just got my computer 4months ago I’ve been talking with Mike Brecker from this site and I have been trying to figure out how to get him some of my drumming via computer. Any suggestions?? Hey lets get some players together on this site and see what we can do??? Any body listening HeyJake have you gone through Johnnies Major Improve course?? I don’t understand the relation of the 5 chord to the rest of the progression any light on the subject??Seriously lets try to do something wouldn’t that be great??!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

jake
                Participant

Yea Wayne, no pulling your leg there. I use 2.5 reeds on alto, experimented with some 3’s. 3.5 I recon would be a lil much for me, guess it boils down to the tip opening as well tho. At any rate, you got a good thing going on your sound right now. It would be even better to make it a little fuller and fatter tho. This all comes with time. Not sure how much mouthpiece you hold in your mouth but from what I gather is if you can take a little more and really push from the diaphram that’s where we get it from!

I would be down with working on something with others. That would be really cool to do. For me it will have to be after the 1st of the year as I am working nearly everyday up until then doing 12 hour night shifts. The sax time is really suffering and I’m not happy with it. An opportunity came up I couldn’t pass on tho. It did present me with a new tenor sax tho, looking at the bright side of things. HaHa.

I did get the major improv course. I have watched the videos but haven’t had the time to put forth the effort into them tho. Again, after the 1st of the year I gotta get back to spending some serious time with the saxes again.

Dazza
                  Participant

Hey fellas. Thought I would post this effort though I know its flawed in parts. Only a month til Xmas so better get practicing!

Cheers

jake
                    Participant

very nice improvement dazza. you got some good buzziness generating there, nice sublte growling in there too. what kind of a setup are you using again?

Dazza
                      Participant

Thanks Jake. Its a Meyer 5 and Rico Royal 21/2. Sometimes I feel like I’m restricted when I try to project. I have a line on a second hand Meyer 7 for not much and thinking I might step up to a larger opening. Do you reckon that’s wise?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.