Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces new lakey mouthpiece

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    UU Pfister
    Participant

I got my new rubber Lakey MP and I’m very pleased with it. It has a 5.3 opening which needs a bit getting used to. I even got an altissimo G out of it! Still hit and miss though (more misses than hits) but its a start. It came with a compass lig but With the Rovner versa it sounds better. The low and middle D sound a bit flat, the high D is ok. Maybe its my embouchure or the reed. 😀

Anonymous

Cool – can’t wait to hear what it sounds like – give us a run up and down through some scales so we can hear the notes!
        In terms of middle D, my middle D always sounded a bit different to the C#, its that point where the octave key comes
        into play, but doing slow long tone chromatic exercises between middle B & F for me has smooothed it out, you have to work the
        embouchure a lot !
        As for Altissimo – altissimo will be Hit & Miss if you haven’t got the correct reed! Players on youtube will confirm this.
        You need a reed with a good string Tip! Soft Soggy Reed Tips are useless!
        When you get new reeds, lay them all out, and compare all the Tips by looking at them!
        The best Reeds are the ones with lots of fibres in the Tips! ie lots of dark area lines running through the tip to the end!
        In some cases players go up a reed strength to get a firmer tip – for altissimo you need a tip that vibrates very very fast,
        you want achieve this with soft soggy tips!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.