Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions New song

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Great job the the ccr song. But the email says have you ever seen the rain. Lol. It’s actually who’ll stop the rain rite?
      Rock on. Thru me for a loop for a minute. Hahahah

saxomonica
      Participant

Thanks, John! We love CCR ya. Apparently, when interviewed by Rolling Stone magazine, John Fogerty was asked, “Does ‘Who’ll Stop The Rain’ contain lyrically specific meanings besides the symbolic dimension?” His response: “Certainly, I was talking about Washington when I wrote the song, but I remember bringing the master version of the song home and playing it. My son Josh was four years old at the time, and after he heard it, he said, ‘Daddy stop the rain.’ And my wife and I looked at each other and said, ‘Well, not quite.'”

Reign on. You are the King of tenor saxophone.
        You are the man! 🙂

Again, thank you.

Who’ll Stop the Rain by John Fogerty: Lyrics Meaning and Interpretation

Who’ll Stop The Rain Saxophone Music & Backing Track

paddy jordan
        Participant

cool version nice one Johnny i wondered when you were going to this one, any reason you used the durga 2 on this. by the way its 50 years ogo in october that ccr officially split up, wow!

Anonymous

comparing
            it’s not unusual – guardala mbi
            i wish – durga 2
            who’ll stop the rain – durga 2

i can hear a big difference between the guardala and the durga.

The guardala pitch is definitely a lot clearer than the durga and has more punch.
            The guardala is cutting through mix with more authority whereas the durga isn’t doing it in the both tunes.

The durga sounds more like the old music halls sound, it’s a different sound, more silky, its in tune, harmonising well but it’s not coming to the front. it sounds more like a instrument for playing in group of saxophones to not draw attention to itself.

bearing in mind all three tunes are different makes it harder to compare mouthpieces.

I bought two theowanne mouthpieces many years ago, and was surprised at the rate newer mouthpieces were being produced back then, some discontinued after a few years. i got the impression he was searching for the perfect mouthpiece and hadn’t found it back then. They are quality mouthpieces and not to be under rated.

just my humble opinion

Anonymous
              john
              Keymaster

thanks sx very interesting observations. I like the Durga but not as much as my MBI Guardala….I’ve been using it a bit more mostly cause I’m getting some repairs done on my MBI. I agree with you tho and even tho it’s not my fave I can see why some like it best

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.