Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire New Years Music

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

I’ve been blowing “Under The Boardwalk” with a backing track for more than a year. I almost have it. Thanks to Jake I have the mic in the right place and the gain on the pre amp about right; very very low. The other song I’m working on is Van Morison’s “Brown Eyed Girl”. Regarding “Brown Eyed Girl” the following info was sent to me:

Van Morrison’s “Brown Eyed Girl” is from his Blowin’ Your Mind! album. According to the artist, several things about the song’s release didn’t go as planned. The song was a hit during the Summer of Love (1969) but Van Morison wanted nothing to do with the hippie scene so he was disappointed when the record company packaged the album with a psychedelic design. Some radio stations balked at the “making love in the tall grass” line so they over-dubbed “laughin’ and a-runnin’” from an earlier verse. It has been long rumored that Morrison was pressured to change his original title “Brown Skinned Girl” to “Brown Eyed Girl.” The singer says although it’s true that he had written skinned originally, he just started singing eyed when he recorded it and didn’t notice it until he looked at the title written on the box from the recording tape.

john
      Keymaster

that’s an interesting story William…makes sense cause he’s known to be the kind who marches to his own drum beat.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.