Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Registration or Download Issues No e-mail links

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      It’s not an emergency, but this morning I bought “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” and “The Wanderer” and didn’t get any e-mail links to save for downloading the music, you allow us to 2 downloads per song? I was able to download the backing tracks/sheet music when I bought them this morning but it’s good to save the e-mail on file that you send us should anything happen and we loose our music…..like what has happened to me before because of not backing up my music LOL For the Wanderer, I didn’t buy the video tutorial (not yet anyway) it was just the backing track/sheet music. No rush, just whenever you get the chance. The card I used to pay for if was under my wife’s name. Thanks 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Michael, don’t worry I’ll send you those links again.
        Yes, the new system started getting buggy a month after setting it up. this was the one that would send you an email with your links and purchase info etc….like Paypal but better because it contained the link and not just send you there once.
        anyway, I do have someone trying to figure out the glitch.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

No worries Johnny, it’s not an emergency by any means 🙂
          I was listening to the track of “Can’t Take My Eyes off You” as my wife wants me to do that one on the Alto (she always says the alto regardless LOL) and that backing track in particular sounds like real, live instruments! You’re tracks are always awesome (super Sax Cover/backing track for “The Wanderer” and nice to see you make this available too because I had been looking for a long time online). But the Backing track for Can’t Take My Eyes Off you was, in my little opinion, possibly the best backing track you’ve done so far…it just sounds like a real live band! If that was done with cpu., then I would be totally blown away by it.

john
          Keymaster

As I said in my email when I made it available, it was a session I cut years ago with my band in a recording studio. I never did anything with the tracks and then I found them recently and decided to edit them and next thing you know….

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Okay, I went back and read that e-mail you sent out. Sure sounds great for sure; it came out very good! I think that Can’t Take my Eyes Off of you would sound good on either the Alto or the Tenor; it’s one of those songs here locally that everyone loves and recognizes too, I going to try and have learned it by the time I play live on Nov.14…still can’t believe that I’m actually going to get to play live in front of people! In December, there is another audition for next year’s Riverfest that is held every year here in Little Rock. After what just happened this past Saturday for the Talent Show audition, it was really encouraging to me so I’m going to try and audition for the Riverfest too. You audition for it in December and they make a decision by April 15th as to who they picked. It’s something that has always appealed to me and, at the very least, it’s a great way to connect with other musicians even if I don’t get picked and that’s certainly worth the effort. My friends who encouraged me to audition for the show in November said that, if we spend too much time playing alone v.s. with other musicians, it can “slow down” our progress.

Here’s a link below to the Riverfest Music Line-up that they had this past year. There’s 3 stages–1 band for professional bands, 1 band for local bands and the other for local/independent musicians who use backing tracks like I do right now. Regardless of what happens, it will be a good learning experience and great way to connect/meet other musicians too.
              http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/music-lineup/overview

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.