Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Old New reeds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

i have some older reeds Buffet Crampton, maybe 20 years , never used coming from the EU, my question is , are they still of value, will water bring them to life or does old reeds have an expiration date, or so said

john
      Keymaster

not sure, but a good chance for you to try and see what happens! let is know the outcome.

Anonymous

Here’s an interesting article on reeds and health.

Wooden Reed Care

brother cavefish
          Participant

yuk,, i used to stick in my mouth, before playing, while setting up, no i use a slim shot glass , with about an inch of water, works out great–i think i will start using Hydrogen peroxide too

Mel
            Participant

I ordered one of these last Thursday.

brother cavefish
              Participant

i heard these where not good , it keeps the reed moist, they are supposed to dry out as to retain shape, so i was told anyway, by a pro player….
                personally i use the cheap Rico plastic reed holder (4 pack), the farther the reed goes in the flatter the tip gets, the reed holder has a floppy plastic palette that forces the reed tip flat as the body of the reed is inserted, a “teeter totter” effect, worked for years for me and the reed breaths and as the reed dries the tip remains (forced) flat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.