Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips One Hand Blues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

check out my sax teacher showing how to play the one hand blues – great guy!

Anonymous

he also teaches kids who don’t like or struggle with reading sheet music

saxomonica
        Participant

Thanks so much, James! Scoobatastic! Thanking you for sharing. Yay. Whoop Whoop.
          (Thinkin’ i saw Sir Valor Sax do a similar thang too.)

A terrific help, mate. Gets one goin’ on the sight reading path ya! You beauty!!

FYI i kinda use a similar system with a little mark of some kind near the number to indicate varied sharps or flats, and i underline the numeral for octave key. Use 0 for c#. Etc. Whatever turns you on (to sightreading)! Open Sesame, abra cadabra, you win 10 rubber chickens. 🙂

Then i put those numbers on a music staff with gaps between thus, as it helps discriminate the jumbled horizontal dsylexia thereupon ~

a _______________________________________________________

f _______________________________________________________
          d ________________________________________________________

b (1)_________________________________________________________
          g (3)_________________________________________________________

e (5)_________________________________________________________

Heya, you can fit the nunbers in diagram above yourself, anybody that is interested …. for low C i draw the ledgar line in separate. Same for B and Bb.
          I drew this up full page A4 with three staffs per page. And photocopied the sheets, Viola!
          My my own TAB music paper. Sometimes i fatten up the b (1) line for more visual reference to help read..

Thanx again Sx poet.
          Cheers, Mark

https://chordify.net/chords/bob-seger-the-silver-bullet-band-songs/feel-like-a-number-2-chords?version=youtube:kkl42FhaRQQ

Anonymous

Good system Saxomonica!

I can read most sheet music but i struggle to read fast in the allegro sheets. The trouble with playing fast difficult sheets, is if i slow the backing track speed down by 10% then i run out of breath on the long phrases, so i have shove it back up to full speed to play the same phrase in one breath.

I haven’t seen my sax teacher since Covid started, but i might go back just to practice some backing track songs. In terms of improvisation he taught me to uses numbers in relation to the music scale rather than numbers related to the physical sax key positions. That way if you recall the numbers you can transpose a tune to any musical scale – if you are good at remembering numbers.

thanks for replying – a true gentleman.

saxomonica
            Participant

“One learns by doing”. Yo mate!

Thanking you kindly, James, for your compliments insofar to the TAB, you nice bloke you.

You bobby dazzler you! Only to pleased to help. Go sx poet!!

One is in accord that it is vital to think of intervals being, say, I II III IV V VI VII, that is forasmuch in our scintillating saxophonic soul-searching journey. As such, it sure adds spice, a good flavour and some fashionable twist to the musical paradigm. And, further, breathes serene life into it.
              Ya!
              🙂

SEE fron Premium Dashboard, “The Soul Twist” Improv Lesson and Tutorial ~

Says @John:

“Check out the scales below.
              Tenors are using the F# and Altos are using the C#. The dominant 7 scale is what we use to improvise with.
              You should be able to play the scales from memory, smoothly up and down.
              Also the chords:
              practice 1, 3, 5, 8 for the major chord
              practice 1, 3, 5, b7 for the dominant 7 chord

Pentatonic major scale:

Easily figure out the pentatonic major scale by looking at the regular major scale and using the 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6th notes of that scale:
              so an F# pentatonic major scale is F#, G#, A#, C#, D#. The C# pentatonic major scale is C#, D# E#, G#, A#.”

Riff = I III IV etc

Anonymous

All good theory stuff Saxomonica! Thanks for sharing.

I haven’t done any recording for over a year or so just been practicing for months on end, need to restart recording with backing tracks.

cheers you sophisticated eloquent poet!

saxomonica
                Participant

John is the real Poet in our midst! From the Latin, poets seek either to profit or to please.

🙂

http://erfinder-entdecker.de/beireuther.html

http://www.beyreuther-musikprinzip.de/

Anonymous

cool – very modest you are.

beyreuth – lovely place spent a week there, touched wagners piano, ate snitchell. Went in one of the parks and a young woman was sun bathing in the nude.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayreuth

saxomonica
                    Participant

James. Itz astounding! 🙂

http://erfinder-entdecker.de/

saxomonica
                      Participant

See Premium Dashboard
                        Says John,
                        “The Clarence Clemons solo is another great example of what we can do with this great, simple pentatonic scale, both major and minor but in this case it’s the major.

Below you have the solo transcribed for both alto and tenor. Also, you have the major scale of the key it’s in and beside that the pentatonic scale used for the solo.

Important points from the video;
                        If you have a problem playing any parts of this solo because of all the sharps, go back and practice my “Awesome Major Scale Exercise” in this key. You’ll find those exercises near the end of the Beginners Complete Guide section.”

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.