Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Philips DVT2500

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Guys

I bought this Philips Voice Tracer to check the quality of my Sax sound when not playing at home. It has five recording quality options:-
      PCM – highest quality, uncompressed, format: WAV, 1,411 kbit/s
      SHQ – excellent quality, format: MP3, 192 kbit/s
      HQ – high quality, format: MP3, 96 kbit/s
      SP – above-average recording time: Format: MP3, 64 kbit/s
      LP – longer recording time, format: MP3, 8 kbit/s
      I recorded two files one at PCM quality and one on LP quality to check the range. I converted the PCM file to MP3, so the quality has been further reduced.
      At this PCM setting the 4GB device has six hours of recording time which can be extended by inserting a micro SD memory card up to 32GB. At lower quality setting the recording time is extended proportionally.

Here are the two test recordings.
      Best MP3 version Worst MP3 version

This device cost just less than my USB microphone alone, and could be a budget option for someone looking for a quick hassle-free method of recording. I’m quite impressed with this little device.

Anonymous

the worst version sounds just like the quality i got from my i-touch recordings.

Very handy devices, a lot of pro’s carry them round with them, to record band performances of new pieces to take home with them and work out what chords or improvisation they want to do with the new pices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.