Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Planning on releasing "Europa" to buy here on the site?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      We’re you planning on releasing Europa here to buy on your site? The 3 demos that you did with the Guardalas with Europa was Amazing! 🙂 Sounded like you were really feeling good with the MB Fatboy, huge core sound 🙂 All of the Guardalas sound great. What I like about the MBI is that is seems to be a very ‘neutral’ MP, a superb all-around MP. I would actually wanna take a crack at the song on Alto. That’s the thing about this song, it just sounds great no matter which Sax it’s played on. Rock on Johnny 🙂 On a side note, how old were you when you started to learn to play anyway? Did you have any music training before picking up the Sax?

john
      Keymaster

Ya Michael I was almost finished with the music for Europa a couple weeks ago and a bunch of stuff came at me so I got side tracked once again. But I am planning to get it on the site very soon. I’m sure it’ll be a very expressive tune for alto as well, and it’ll be in D minor for alto.
        I will be playing my Fatboy in the video.
        I was 11 or 12 when I started accordion lessons. Like piano the accordion is great because you learn about treble (right hand) and bass clef (left hand) from day one. When I got to 8th grade I started on trumpet and was ahead of most because I had been taking private lessons and I could read music quite well by then and so I was playing the trumpet pretty quickly.
        Then a couple years later at around 17 I got totally into the sax.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

No worries about when you release Europa, I know very well what you mean about things coming up 🙂 Europa is one those songs that I think would be considered like a mega-tune for the Sax, right up there with Tequila, Careless Whisper, etc.. Those MP3 demos were simply awesome 🙂 I think that Fatboy is a keeper for you for sure, it just has this ‘presence’ to it. How does it compare to the other Guardalas when it comes to things like subtones, free-blowing, tip opening, etc.? When I get one later in the year I’m thinking about the MBI, seems like it would be a great choice for myself as an all-around, neutral type of Guardala–you used the MBI for years, right? I’m 42 years old and if you’ve been playing the Sax since you were 17, that would mean you have like 40 years or so experience behind you? You’ve been playing for just about as long as I’ve been alive…good grief. Now next month makes 3 years for me of learning from you…3 years of playing–man, I don’t know anything! 🙂 What a humbling thought to think of playing the Sax for 40 years Johnny! That is simply amazing 🙂 Well, at the very least I can say these 3 years of learning, even with all the ups-and-downs, distractions, etc. that I’ve had, I can say in all sincerity that I’m so glad my wife brought that Vito Alto home as an anniversary gift some 3 years ago 🙂 In fact, I think she has captured on video that exact moment that she brought it to me; our kids were filming it and they were along with her in the ‘conspiracy’ LOL Gonna look and see if I can find that video footage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.