Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Plans on Saxophone cover releases for 2016…

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Richard Chew
    Participant

“Play That Funky Music’ is great! I love listening to the solos of different style which gives me inspiration & encouragement.

Love to see more of such videos.

Jazz Cat
      Participant

there’s plenty of places out there w/backing tracks, though what I find most helpful is watching Johnny play ’em on tenor, so I can see how it’s supposed to sound (and look; great showmanship/moving the horn)…you’re the ‘missing link’…much appreciated.

re soprano I bought a couple o cheap chinese ones, not impressed…like someone on another forum joked, tenor is great; playing soprano is like a clown car at a circus, lol…I’m amazed at Kenny G’s mastery of soprano, on Songbird for example, but it’s not for me. Tenor’s just way too cool compared to others. I’m sure if I still gigged live I’d get way more ladies’ phone numbers playing tenor over soprano…just sayin’ 🙂

Jazz Cat
        Participant

Birdland is another classic, would be great

john
          Keymaster

well, I’m a huge weather report fan since I was 16.
            won’t have this one anytime soon but will have an
            earlier Joe Zawinal “classic” ready very soon!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hey Johnny,
              I was checking out some Joe Zawinal stuff on youtube, he’s got a pretty cool version of “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy”. Seems like that song wouldn’t be too difficult to pick up, it’s very repetitive and with some added embellishments I think it would sound great! Here’s another cool one he did with Ben Webster “Soul Mates”

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.