Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Recording myself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Today I recorded myself Too many mistakes. In a year or two I might be able to post it. I used a backing track but I can’t hear the backing track. Better if I don’t use a backing track
      William

Anonymous

not a problem William i started sax playing late in life, i’ve been working on ‘fly me to the moon’ from memory for the past few months, an hour a day, i’ve just managed to play the 1st sheet of 2 sheets.

so i won’t be recording for sometime yet.

keep at it!

john
        Keymaster

what I do is work out the entire tune slowly. Go over the harder intricate fingerings, sharps, flats etc.
          Get to the point you’re playing it quite well, technically at least.
          Then it’s time to start playing with the backing track.

RockinRobin
          Participant

Ok John
            I ‘m working on it. Right now I’m adding a few ornamental notes like mordents. I can’t play the sax too long since the household becomes upset with too many repeats. Like the cat said when he put his tail on the railroad track: Won’t be long now
            William

Anonymous

That’s the secret of being a popular musician – whether you like it or not, it’s what the audience wants to hear you play , not what you want to play and hear.

Unfortunately no one wants to sit in and listen to our practice sessions, neither would i to be honest. Music is a craft of love that takes our breath away.

the only options are using a silencer, practicing in a garage/shed, sound proofing a room, or buying an emeo saxophone is the best option

Anonymous

RockinRobin
                Participant

50 years ago I would have bought one. But now at 80 years old I’ll leave this one and stay with my selmer paris tenor sax
                  William

Pete
                  Participant
                    Mel
                    Participant

Good one Pete!

RockinRobin
                      Participant

G’day music people
                        10 years ago while living in Florida I bought a Yamaha Studio 24 channel digital mixer recorder.I didn’t know how to use GarageBand or the Studio Software. A $3000 machine marked down to $400. I could make CDs.So manny controls. I managed to make some mp3’s. On one track I put some Al Hirt’s trumpet and I recorded my sax on another track. I do have that mp3 in my music library. Before moving to New Mexico I sold the Yamaha recorder back to the music store. I’m thinking about posting that mp3 “For The Good Times”. A fitting song for old year 2022. Kris Kristofferson sings “Don’t look so sad, I know it’s over…”
                        William

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.