Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Sax Partner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Hiya folks, well i guess most of you are aware of the Sax Partner, mutes sound by 75%. Got one second hand with the generic stand for $200- the other day. Have read your hands can get sweaty and the low notes can be garbled so ya gotta chuck a golf ball in the bell. Anyways, thought i’d post about it as i wasn’t aware of it’s existence until now, and, thought i’d share it just in case others didn’t know either. It’s a long way to the shop for a sausage roll and yonks to the bridge. Cheers!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-high-quality-alto-saxohone-mute-Sax-partner-saxophone-silencer/376893294.html

john
      Keymaster

wow 400 bucks….sax muting seems to have come along way, don’t know how this one works but many years ago we’d stuff t-shirts or towels down the bell!

Anonymous

A sax coffin to deaden the sound? It may be more reasonable to buy a garden shed. It looks very restrictive to me. Try placing a large polystyrene ball in the bell with a strip of sellotape over the mouth to keep it from popping out.

john
          Keymaster

Ya I used to stuff rags, towels etc in the bell when I was at a motel. Low notes were often muted. I saw those sax mutes in the music catalogues. Sort of pricy and like hauling a coffin around

john
            Keymaster

Seems like the site is working re: comments appearing. Thanks Johnny for the fix.

brother cavefish
              Participant

if i had to play a sax with this , i dont think i would

saxomonica
                Participant

saxomonica
                  Participant

john
                    Keymaster

Looks crazy but this is a great option for those that absolutly can’t blow because of their situation.

saxomonica
                      Participant

Howz thangs Gents, just to say absolutely lovin’ my dear Sax Partner in my boring old life, it came with a stand so i can whack it in there and play so much longer now whilst i’m standing up without my back aching much at all as the necessary muscles are building i guess (no weight), and, secondly i oft sit down with it between my knees resting on the floor and jam away without the neighbours running for the hills or humiliating myself to much. Of late i can even get my squawking under control and incorporate it into my basic tunes. In fact if i drop my jaw down and push it out a tad and kinda vizulize blowing through my nose i get an overblow type effect and can hit a higher note every time now being way up from the normal ones that i can currently play and am learning. Jazzy baby!! Importantly, note, this is something i wouldn’t have learnt to do, that is if the sounds were not muffled in learning them so i could feel at liberty to experiment. I highly recommend this device as a blowing marvel and magnificent saxophonic flying machine. Comes with metronome too, line in and mike out. Marvytastic and, again, highly recommended. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.