Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Slow walk Rock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

saxomonica
      Participant

Wow, that’s great mate! Is that your normal sax? Looks like a Conn Naked Lady and Otto Link “Super” Tone Master mp, but heya may be just the lighting? I dunno. Love all the scoops, growls and flutter tounge embellishments too. Rockin’ sound with good vibrato and timbre..

So good, Leo! Hittin’ your stride now.

🙂 Mark

Leo Salu
        Participant

Thanks Mark appreciate your support, you got the MP correct it is a Otto link super tone NY #5, just got it following Johnny’s advice, the sax is my Yamaha yts 23 a pretty good player.

saxomonica
          Participant

Ya, Leo, i’ve read about the YTS 23 – nearly as good as if not better than a YTS 62 (iii purple) – which can be as good as a Selmer mk 6. And, have just missed out on buying a 23 meself recently; i have a Trevor James Horn with Link mp #7 but not NY. I chop and change between synthetic and cane reeds .. You gotta gorgeous horn there!

Trying to get set up with a YouTube recording thang to post soon, you have really inspired me and i have you seen you really come along great guns, the rock ‘n roll tunes you play, like recorded above, really suit you and i certainly enjoy all of your music.

With tounge flutter i have read that it can help to blow a bit harder, to take in a bit less mp and even play off to the side a bit (keeps tounge away from mp), and, practice on lower register first for more progress. All the while you have a great tounge flutter, i really love it!

Some songs are totally recorded with tounge flutter, one of them is, ‘Beetle Rag’? i got it somewhere on my iCloud but using Android at the mo, will endeavour to track it down, i recall its on YouTube with a green background.

Cheers mate! Looking forwards with much relish to your next air. Mark

Leo Salu
            Participant

Hello Mark, the yamaha yts 23 is a pretty good horn, if you are looking for another used sax
              this is a good buy here is a link to an extensive review of the yts 23 hope you get to post one
              of your songs soon looking forward to your offering. and thanks again for all the kind words

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Saxes/Tenor/yamaha_yts23.htm

Mel
              Participant

Another good one Leo!

saxomonica
                Participant
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.