Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone testing 8 track digital recorder with akgc1000s mic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anonymous

in that test, i was moving the sax through different positions in relation to the microphone – close up, further back, and turning sideways, different sax effects without adjusting the 8track settings.

john
        Keymaster

I didn’t notice any differences throughout…

Anonymous

When i listen with headphones, i hear the sound quality changing when i turn sideways to the microphone, also there is a difference in clarity when going right close up to the microphone.

When i played the sax, the quality of the tone was constant, when i started moving about with the sax in relation to the mic the quality of the sound picked up by the mic changes.

One thing i notice with software, there’s a huge difference between listening to a sax live and listening to a recorded sax. Software airbrushes performances. It also explains why i was very disappointed when i heard some bands playing live – they sounded rubbish live, yet their recordings where fantastic.

john
            Keymaster

well of course…the recording studio is where people polish things up for hours on end sometimes…you can literally turn a turd in to a polished diamond!

Anonymous

indeed you can

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.