Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video The Milky Way

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

I’m working through Randy Hunter’s Book

Jeff
      Participant

This is the third tune from the book. Here are the first two that I tried.

Anonymous

Welcome back Jeff!
          See you’ve been very busy, definite improvement since the last time!
          Well done, thanks for sharing, like i said before, it’s interesting to hear each person play, as we all sound different.

I’ll try and catch up with you on the tunes, just need a bit of time.

Jeff
          Participant

Hi Jabber, there doesn’t seem to be anyone else listening who thinks it’s worth a comment.
            I’ll give you the rest of eternity, and it may take me that long to sound half decent.
            Cheers

Anonymous

Hi Jeff – check out my upload, is it worth commenting on? lol

Jeff
              Participant

Sound? As Ortofon said, “I’m not Shure!”

john
                Keymaster

Hey Jeff, your reading/playing very well. Timing is good most of the “time”
                  If you listen closely you’ll hear some inconsistency in the tone. It’s not solid and wavers slightly at times.
                  What can you do to improve this? Good question!
                  It must go back to the basic long tones. You need to strenghen your tone and so playing long notes with full air (LOUD) daily will help you get there.
                  so, lots of good stuff going on and if you focus on the tone exrcise daily you’ll (we’ll) start to notice some improvement.

Jeff
                  Participant

Hi Johnny, thanks for the feedback, it is most appreciated. You are correct as I have been forgetting the basics for a while and only been focussing on the tunes. I’d even caught myself not breathing from the diaphragm! I will certainly add some practice time on the long tones. One issue I have whilst recording is nervousness. It becomes a self-fulfilling condition where I think I’m going to make a mistake and become increasingly nervous, until I do. I wish I had a don’t-care switch which I could switch on before recording, as you probably hear the nervousness in my tone. Thanks again, Jeff.

Anonymous

Hi Jeffrey,
                      when will you be doing the next upload? i hope to complete the 1st by friday if all goes well. Some more longtones and a few cans of beer should see you through it.

Jeff
                      Participant

Blue Lagoon recorded on my new YAS-62 saxophone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.