Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire tidy up

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sxpoet
    Participant

I finally went through all 38 of my alto music books which have backing tracks, and combined them with the backing tracks from Johnny’s website – a total of 459 songs with backing tracks.

Some songs are repeated in different music books.
      The most popular song in my books are Harlem Nocturne and Sway occurring in 4 different music books, followed by these songs that occur in 3 different music books –
      A whiter shade of pale
      Besame mucho
      Fly me to the moon
      Jingle bells
      Over the rainbow
      Satin doll
      Silent night
      Stand by me
      Tears in heaven
      Tequilla
      The girl from Ipanema
      The house of the rising sun
      What a wonderful world
      Winter wonderland
      Yesterday

Been meaning to index the list of songs by book for a long time, as it’s a pain when i want to find a song and have to go through all the music books, and more confusing when a song occurs in several music books. Now i can just look through the spread sheet and go straight to the correct book.

I also put all the music books into ‘forScore’ Ap on my iPad, so i can view any sheet in the Ap, and each song is linked to the backing tracks on my Ipad, so i can view the sheet and listen to the backing track or the sax playing track.

Come a long way, back in the 80’s it was get the cd player out and look at the music book.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.